[Freemanlist2] The Israel Navy completed a drill early on Thursday morning simulating an ISIS take-over of a civilian ship and a counter-terrorism raid to free the vessel.

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 31 15:32:57 CDT 2016

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - MARCH 31, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND AM ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).-----------------

 The Israel Navy completed a drill early on Thursday morning simulating an ISIS take-over of a civilian ship and a counter-terrorism raid to free the vessel.

A senior naval source said the drill was aimed at "improving our readiness against terror organizations," adding that navy-wide drills of this nature occur once or twice a year in different naval arenas.

|  |
|  |

The mock attack began with ant-tank and rocket fire, followed by the hijacking of a ship by terrorists who came in from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.

In light of heightened ISIS activities in neighboring Sinai, which included the downing of a passenger airline, and attacks on Egyptian security forces, the navy chose the Red Sea as the location for the latest drill.

The navy practiced attempting to negotiate with the hijackers, concentrating forces around the incident, and then launching a raid to free the vessel.

The drill was led by the Shayetet 13 naval commando unit, and included the IDF Southern Command, the Red Division, the Eilat municipality, police, and Border Police.

"They practiced responding to simultaneous attacks, involving intrusions, an attempt to attack civilians, attacks on naval vessels, and at the end, practicing a counter-terrorism raid on a civilian ship held hostage by terrorists," the source said.

The drill saw multiple commando raids on a mock ship taken that was being held hostage.

The large-scale branch-wide exercise was aimed at testing the speed of responses, and inter-branch, inter-organizational cooperation, the source added. ============= Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities. Mail check to address above or by paypal: http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm