[Freemanlist2] Israeli, Indian defense firms sign major cooperation agreement - YAAKOV LAPPIN

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 30 09:39:19 CDT 2016

 FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - MARCH 30, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND AM ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).-----------------
              By YAAKOV LAPPIN \   03/29/2016 15:33
 Israeli, Indian defense firms sign major cooperation agreement
 Israeli, Indian defense firms sign major cooperation agreement
   -
Indian FM in Jerusalem: Ties with Israel of ‘highest importance’ to India

   -
Shapira: Rafael ‘failed to competitively hire experts’

   -              Share

 Israel's Rafael, India's Reliance Defense to cooperate on air defense systems, air-to-air missiles, and surveillance balloons.
     Rafael-produced Namer armored personnel carrier with Trophy anti-missile system. (photo credit:DEFENSE MINISTRY/MERKAVA TANK ADMINISTRATION)  Share on Facebook Share on Twitter    Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. signed a cooperation agreement with India’s Reliance Defense Systems Ltd. on Tuesday that will encompass future deals worth $10 billion, the companies announced in Goa, where the 2016 Defexpo exhibition is taking place.

The agreement covers cooperation in the production, development and supply of air defense systems, air-to-air missiles and surveillance balloons, Rafael said.

| Advertisement: Replay Ad |
| Ads by ZINC |
|  |

The ceremony was attended by Israel’s Ambassador to India, Daniel Carmon, and Rafael Director-General Maj.-Gen. (res.) Yoav Har-Even.

Reliance part of one of the five largest conglomerate holding companies in India, which has $15 billion in assets and business activities related to infrastructure, media and energy.

Har-Even said the cooperation is “part of our global strategy for cooperation in general and in India, specifically.

“This cooperation will help us give the Indian Defense Ministry its added value when it comes to deal with the goals and challenges it faces.”

This year, the highest number of Israeli defense industries – 28 – have set up booths at the Defexpo event under the auspices of the Defense Ministry’s Defense Exports Branch.

The large Israeli delegation “best reflects the growing defense and technological ties between India and Israel,” said Michael Ben-Baruch, head of the Defense Ministry’s Sibat (Defense Export Organization) department. ============= Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities. Mail check to address above or by paypal: http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm