[Freemanlist2] Carolyn Glick on Facebook re AIPAC leaders "apology" -

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 23 17:09:00 CDT 2016

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - MARCH 23, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND AM ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).----------------- from Carolyn Glick on Facebook re AIPAC leaders "apology" -
"This is why I have a hard time saying anything nice about AIPAC.
When was the last time that AIPAC stood up for Israelis who live beyond the 1949 armistice lines? When was the last time AIPAC defended Jewish civil and property rights in Jerusalem?
But to give an abject apology for its supporters(!) who rightly cheered when Trump spoke out against the most anti-Israel president in US history, with that they had no problem."
More from the always terrific Carolyn Glick (on Facebook today) -

Now that AIPAC – The American Israel Public Affairs Committee humiliated itself and insulted its members with its leaders' abject apology to Obama, I'd like to raise an issue that has bothered me for a long, long time.
Let's say I get that AIPAC's leadership doesn't want to admit that Obama is the most anti-Israel president in US history.
But does bowing and scraping before a man that hates them in the hopes of convincing Democrats to support Israel anyway necessitate AIPACrefusing to defend Jewish civil rights?
No, I don't mean the obvious right of its membership to cheer when Trump pointed out the self-evident fact of Obama's hatred of Israel. I mean the civil rights of Israelis.
When was the last time that AIPAC stood up for Israelis who live beyond the 1949 armistice lines? When was the last time AIPAC defended Jewish civil and property rights in Jerusalem?
No, they don't have to support settlements. There are political reasons to oppose them.
But why should they ignore the rights of Jews? In failing to oppose calls for expropriations and non-enforcement of Jewish rights, AIPAC effectively embraces the bigoted, anti-Jewish notion that Jews have no civil rights in Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem simply because we are Jews.
If AIPAC both defended Obama and defended Jewish civil rights, I would be able to stomach its self-flagellation. But AIPAC's silence in the face of the administration's racist position that Jews should be denied civil rights beyond the 1949 armistice lines makes it difficult for me to take a sympathetic or understanding view of its leaders' assault on their own supporters and donors. And if I'm already discussing AIPAC, just one more little, tiny quibble.
For the past four years, polling data consistently shows that a large majority of Israelis support Israeli sovereignty over all or parts of Judea and Samaria.
A similarly large majority of Israelis believe that the Palestinians are not interested in peace or statehood, but in destroying the Jewish state. Polling data of Palestinians backs up this view.
Yet, in his speech, AIPAC's CEO Howard Kohr insisted that Israel's supporters cling to their devotion to the establishment of a Palestinian state.
Why? Why is it the job of American Jews or of American politicians to try to force Israel to give its land to people who want to annihilate it?
Why is it AIPAC's job to legitimize the PLO which remains dedicated to its unswerving goal of destroying Israel through political warfare and terrorism?
Like I said, it's just a quibble.============= Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities. Mail check to address above or by paypal: http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm