[Freemanlist2] Putin says he plans to meet Israeli prime minister soon - MOSCOW

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 21 00:38:11 CDT 2016

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - MARCH 19, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND AM ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).-----------------

 Putin says he plans to meet Israeli prime minister soon
Receiving Israeli President in the Kremlin, Putin said that Russian and
Israel "have a large number of questions to discuss linked with the
development of bilateral trade and economic relations"
March 16, 18:50 UTC+3
http://tass.ru/en/politics/862850

MOSCOW, March 16. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday
that he planned to meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the
short run.

Receiving Israeli President Reuven Rivlin in the Kremlin, Putin said that
Russian and Israel "have a large number of questions to discuss linked with
the development of bilateral trade and economic relations and questions of
the region’s security." "I hope that we’ll be able to discuss them in the
short run with the Israeli prime minister with whom we have made
arrangements for a meeting," Putin said.

The Russian president also said the relations with Israel were special and
based "on friendship, mutual understanding and the long common history."

"Russia and Israel have developed a special relationship primarily because
1.5 million Israeli citizens come from the former Soviet Union, they speak
the Russian language, are the bearers of Russian culture, Russian mentality.
They maintain relations with their relatives and friends in Russia, and this
make the interstate relations very special", Putin said.

He also noted the growing number of Russian pilgrims traveling to the holy
sites in Israel. "The Israeli government meets us halfway, returning to
Russia the shrines highly valuable for us, and we are very grateful to our
Israeli friends for this," the Russian president said.