[Freemanlist2] 'You killed Jesus'; Boston basketball game marred by hate - Arutz Sheva Staff

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 13 13:44:02 CDT 2016

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - MARCH 13, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND AM ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).-----------------
 'You killed Jesus'; Boston basketball game marred by hateHecklers taunt team from school with largely Jewish population, chanting "You killed Jesus".      17 By Arutz Sheva StaffFirst Publish: 3/13/2016, 11:35 AM
Arena basketball stadium Yonatan Sindel/Flash90
What was supposed to be a friendly game of high school basketball descended to vulgarities and bigotry on Friday night just outside of Boston.The division title game pitted the Catholic Memorial School against the largely Jewish Newton North High School.
Witnesses reported that around 100 spectators cheering on Catholic Memorial chanted “You killed Jesus, you killed Jesus” during the game.
Some Jewish spectators were disturbed by the explicitly anti-Semitic chant.ESPN’s Brendan Hall, who covers high school sports in the Boston area, blasted the incident, calling on the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association to punish Catholic Memorial for their fans’ behavior.
“I’m serious,” he wrote on Twitter. “MIAA should consider fining schools whose fans use hate speech. I’m sick of deal with these stories.”
Hall later noted that Catholic Memorial School condemned the chant and ordered fans to apologize to Newton North High School.
Some witnesses also noted that Newton North’s fans also used obnoxious and vulgar rhetoric, mocking Catholic Memorial School for being an all-male institution.
============= Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities. Mail check to address above or by paypal: http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm