[Freemanlist2] Juniper Cobra 16 Exercise, Begins - IDF News Desk

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 21 10:47:01 CST 2016

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - FEBRUARY 21, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND YAD ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).-----------------

Press Release
IDF News Desk - February 21, 2016

Juniper Cobra 16 Exercise, Begins

Today, February 21st, 2016 marks the beginning of Juniper Cobra 16, a
combined United States European Command (US EUCOM) and Israel Defense Forces
(IDF) exercise.

Juniper Cobra is a combined ballistic missile defense exercise held
biennially between the IDF and U.S. EUCOM. This is the eighth in a series of
biennial exercises between the two militaries dating back to 2001. This
exercise is part of a planned training schedule that seeks to enhance
interoperability between the militaries in the context of exercising
defensive capabilities. Planning for the exercise began over a year ago and
is not related to any specific events or developments in the region.

During the course of the exercise, over 1,700 U.S. Service members,
civilians and contractors will participate together with the IDF in
addressing computer simulated challenges that Israel could face. The IDF
sees Juniper Cobra as an opportunity to increase the long-standing
cooperation between the military forces.

During the exercise, increased military activity may be noted.

Commander of the Aerial Defense Division, Brigadier General Zvika Haimovich:
"This exercise is a significant mile-stone in the strategic relationship
between the two countries, a security alliance unmatched by any other
country in the world. This collaboration reflects a commitment to protecting
civilian lives as well as a deep appreciation of the IDF, IAF and the Aerial
Defense System."

Major General Mark Loeben, Director of Exercises and Assessments at
Headquarters, United States European Command, Stuttgart, Germany: "Support
for Israel's defense has been an integral part of US policy in the region
for decades, and this exercise has, and will continue, to directly support
that policy. This exercise is our nation's premier exercise in the region,
and EUCOM's highest priority exercise for 2016."