[Freemanlist2] Ex-IDF Intel Chief: ‘State of Facebook’ Greatest Mideast Threat to Israel - Eliezer Sherman

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 2 05:51:09 CST 2016

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - FEBRUARY 2, 2016For Zion's sake I will not hold my peaceand for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
P.O. Box 35661 * Houston, Texas 77235-5661
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.netOUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >==========To keep Freeman List broadcasts coming, it is essential to contribute!Mail check to address  below or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)==============ZIONISM IS LOVE OF YOUR COUNTRY, ERETZ ISRAEL (ISRAEL) AND YAD ISRAEL (JEWISH PEOPLE).-----------------
Ex-IDF Intel Chief: ‘State of Facebook’ Greatest Mideast Threat to Israel January 31, 2016 2:02 pm 7 comments
Author:
 Eliezer Sherman
Share this Article

   - Twitter
   - Facebook
   - Digg
   - Stumble
   - Print

Tags:
Amos Yadlin facebook Gilad Erdan israel Shurat HaDin Yuval Steinitz  Former head of the IDF Military Intelligence Directorate Amos Yadlin. Photo: Wikipedia.
“The most dangerous nation in the Middle East acting against Israel is the state of Facebook,” said the former head of the IDF Military Intelligence Directorate on Friday, according to Hebrew news website nrg.
“It has a lot more power than anybody who’s operating an armed force,” said Amos Yadlin, who is also the executive director at the Tel Aviv-based Institute for National Security Studies. “Unlike before, there’s no longer an existential military threat facing Israel. Rather, it’s a strategic threat.”Yadlin said there was not enough being invested in confronting the scourge of anti-Israel material, including antisemitism and incitement to violence against Israelis, circulating on social media.
Yadlin was speaking during last Friday’s CyberTech Conference in Tel Aviv, which actually coincided with a cyber attack against Israel’s electric grid that Israeli Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz called “severe.”
Public Security and Information Minister Gilad Erdan, meanwhile, said the government had set aside NIS 100 million to “develop solutions to the battle on social media,” according to nrg.
Leave a Reply
============= Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities. Mail check to address above or by paypal: http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm