[Freemanlist2] 22 ISRAELI VENTURE CAPITAL & PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDS ARRIVE IN CHINA TO RAISE CAPITAL FOR HI-TECH

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 28 09:40:43 CST 2015

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST JANUARY 28, 2014
and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >
==========
(Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities, if you like receiving our mail.

If not Now When? It is a Mitzvah for the New Year!
Mail check to address  below or by paypal:

http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)
==========================SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER

FOR THE FIRST TIME: 22 ISRAELI VENTURE CAPITAL & PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDS ARRIVE IN CHINA TO RAISE CAPITAL FOR HI-TECH
The Delegation, Organized by The Israeli Ministry Of Economy, is Meeting
With Hundreds of Representatives of Financial Entities in Hong Kong,
Shanghai and Beijing * Comprised of Funds Active in the Fields of Life
Sciences, Communications, Cleantech and ICT, the Delegation is being Led by
Col. (Res.) Ziva Eger, Director of the Division for Foreign Investment and
Industrial Cooperation at the Israeli Ministry Of Economy * The Division Was
Recently Established to Focus on Promoting Foreign Investments in Israel

January 26, 2015. China - A delegation of representatives from 22 Israeli
capital funds (venture, private and equity) embarked on a tour to China this
week dedicated to raising capital and foreign investments. The delegation
aims at raising funds from Chinese businesses for their funds and portfolio
companies as well as to scout for strategic partners in China for joint
investments in Israel. The delegation aims to foster stronger ties between
the Israeli funds and Chinese financial entities, technology companies,
large-scale private investors and others. The delegation is showcasing the
funds’ attractive investment opportunities for Chinese investors.

The delegation is holding meetings in the leading trade and commercial
centers in China, including Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing. The trade
missions of the Israeli Ministry of Economy is holding special events at all
of those locations to encourage investments. These events include B2B
meetings between representatives of the Israeli funds and the Chinese
investors. Each of the events is expected to host some 150 representatives
from leading financial and technology companies, as well as other investment
houses and major private investors. Additionally, a networking event will
take place at the new Israeli Business Center in Shanghai which was
established by the Foreign Trade Administration at the Israeli Ministry of
Economy and inaugurated by Israeli Minister of Economy Naftali Bennett
during his recent trip to China.

Col. (res.) Ziva Eger, Director of the Division for Foreign Investment and
Industrial Cooperation at the Israeli Ministry Of Economy, is heading the
delegation, which includes representatives from funds investing in the life
sciences, communications, cleantech and ICT industries. The unit was
recently established by merging the Invest in Israel division of the Economy
Ministry and the Industrial Cooperation Authority, with the aim of promoting
foreign investments in Israel while diversifying the sources, types and
fields of investments.

The special events are being run by the commercial attaches of the Foreign
Trade Administration in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing, and attended by the
Israeli ambassador to China and the consul-generals in Hong Kong and
Shanghai. The events were organized by the Foreign Trade Administration and
the Division for Foreign Investment and Industrial Cooperation at the
Israeli Ministry of Economy.

Director-General of the Israeli Ministry of Economy, Amit Lang: "These
events mark a milestone in our efforts over the past two years aimed at
diversifying the sources of investment in Israeli industry. This delegation
sends a message to Israeli industry and exporters that China is an
attractive market for both Israeli hi-tech exports and for raising capital
for investment in the Israeli hi-tech industries. It took a lot of hard work
to make the Israeli business sector aware that China is a source of capital
that can help strengthen and grow the Israeli hi-tech industry.”

Director of the Division for Foreign Investment and Industrial Cooperation
at the Israeli Ministry Of Economy, Col. (res.) Ziva Eger: "We have placed
much emphasis on widening the sources and areas of investment in the Israeli
market and we have seen that Asian markets in general - and China
specifically – have become key destinations for identifying investors.
Lately, we have seen a significant increase in the number of foreign
investments in Israel coming from China as well as a rise in the level of
interest Israel holds for Chinese investors. This delegation is part of an
overall strategy by the Israeli Ministry of Economy to leverage foreign
investments as an engine of growth and as a strategic tool for advancing
diplomacy and strengthening the Israeli economy. This visit will be the
first in a series of events we are planning to hold in China in 2015 to help
foster investments."

Director-General of the Foreign Trade Administration at the Israeli Ministry
of Economy, Ohad Cohen: "This is a strategic step. Until a few years ago,
the U.S. was the predominant investor in Israeli hi-tech, after which
Israeli funds sought to raise capital mainly in European countries or in
Asian countries like Singapore or Korea. This delegation is another
milestone in the Foreign Trade Administration’s policy of diversifying the
geographical scope of exports and investment, epitomized by our allocation
of significant resources to expanding activity in developing markets."