[Freemanlist2] New F-35 Fighters to Join IAF Fleet - Israel Defense Force

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 7 09:04:59 CST 2015

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST JANUARY 7, 2014
and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest." Isaiah 62.FREEMAN CENTER FOR STRATEGIC STUDIES
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE < www.freeman.org >
==========

(Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities, if you like receiving our mail.

If not Now When? It is a Mitzvah for the New Year!
Mail check to address  below or by paypal:

http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm)
==========================SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER

 [[Dr. Aaron Lerner - IMRA:  There ALREADY is technology to  track F-35s. The only question is when our enemies are equipped with the technology.]
New F-35 Fighters to Join IAF Fleet
(Source: Israel Defense Force; issued Jan 06, 2015)
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/160009/israel-plans-f_35-squadron-in-2019.html

A new squadron of 19 F-35 jets will be incorporated into the Israeli Air
Force beginning in 2019 after the decision to purchase another set of planes
was confirmed by the IAF and government officials. These newly engineered
fighters are a step up compared to the F-16I, especially with the addition
of new state-of-the-art stealth technology and avionics.

The Lockheed Martin F-35 is considered one of the most powerful and capable
airplanes in production. It will become the first low radar signature
aircraft in use by the IAF, meaning it uses both its airframe and
electronics to make itself invisible to the enemy’s radar and other
monitoring devices.

The first purchase of these aircraft was made in 2010 and the first planes
are expected to land in Israel in 2017. Like any other plane that enters
into service in the IDF, the F-35 will receive a Hebrew name, “Ha-Adir” (The
Great).

In many ways the F-35 is a modern version of the F-16, already in use by the
IDF. It was built as a small single-engine aircraft. Ha-Adir is extremely
effective because of its versatility since it can accomplish any kind of
mission: from close air support, to all-weather flight capabilities, and of
course, dogfights both in and beyond visual range.

Better Performing Than the F-16I

Why fifth generation fighter jets? For two main reasons: stealth technology
and avionics. The stealth technology allows the aircraft to fly practically
unnoticed by any enemy. For many years, these systems were too expensive to
be deployed on small aircraft, therefore they could only be used on larger
and more expensive bombers such as the B-2 or the F-117. The newly developed
F-35 allows the incorporation of these features at a low maintenance price.

The F-35 is also manufactured with improved electronic systems onboard.
Sensors including various radars, infrared systems, and active electronic
warfare systems are all mounted on the aircraft during production. They
serve as an integral part of the plane and not as “add-ons” which is common
in other aircraft.

As a result of these improvements, the IAF pilots will receive a more
precise and complete picture of the battlefield in real-time. It will allow
them to better position themselves and give them the advantage to come out
on top of every mission they must face.

(EDITOR’S NOTE:  It is very disappointing to see the Israel Defense Force,
which over the years has acquired a very flattering reputation for
operational effectiveness and engineering inventiveness, reduced to spouting
meaningless marketing-speak.
Yet, it does at least recognize above that the F-35’s “state-of-the-art
stealth technology” can only make it a “low radar signature aircraft.”)

-ends-