[Freemanlist2] Dep. Min. Danon: Release of Terrorists is 'Lunacy'

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 27 20:33:27 CDT 2013

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - July 27, 2013~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE <www.freeman.org >
============SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER

--------------------------

Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist. This is elementary common sense.
If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other.  (George Orwell, Partisan Review, 1942)

========================
"Patriotism is supporting your country all of the time, and your
government when it deserves it."(Mark Twain)

==================

Dep. Min. Danon: Release of Terrorists is 'Lunacy'
Deputy Defense Minister asks ministers to vote against the planned release
Sunday, citing “consensus in Likud.”
Gil Ronen First Publish: 7/27/2013, 9:30 PM
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/170317#.UfQea6zYBac

Deputy Defense Minister Danny Danon (Likud) sent a letter to Likud ministers
asking them to vote against the planned release of 104 terrorist prisoners
as a “gesture” in advance of “peace talks” with the Palestinian Authority.

"I call on you to vote against the release of prisoners, but in favor of the
negotiations, without preconditions,” he wrote.

"I am sure each one of you knows that there is a consensus within Likud in
opposition to the lunacy of releasing dozens of terrorists who have the
blood of hundreds of Israelis on their hands,” he explained. “What is more –
the release is a prize for the Palestinians, just for their willingness to
sit with us next to the negotiating table.”

"This defines future standards of far-reaching concessions by Israel,
vis-a-vis ridiculous demands by the other side,” said Danon.

He ended the letter with a reference to a prisoner who is not being
released, writing, “One more word, which should also evoke some thoughts on
the subject, in your mind: Pollard.”

Jonathan Pollard, convicted of spying on the U.S. for Israel, was arrested
in 1985 and has been in jail ever since. Netanyahu reportedly asked the U.S.
to release him as part of a package deal including the resumption of talks
with the PA, but was rebuffed.

IMRA - Independent Media Review and Analysis
Website: www.imra.org.il
Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities.
Mail check to address above or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm