[Freemanlist2] Military Expert: More IDF Multi-Front Operations Likely By Chana Ya'ar

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 16:28:53 CDT 2012

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - May 23, 2012

* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE (URL): < www.freeman.org >
THE MACCABEAN ONLINE: URL:http:// www.freeman. org/online. htm
Freeman Center Blog http://www. freeman.org/ serendipity /
============

SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER

Military Expert: More IDF Multi-Front Operations Likely
An Israeli military expert says the likelihood is growing that Israel will need to launch more multi-front operations.

By Chana Ya'ar
First Publish: Arutz Sheva -5/23/2012, 9:28 PM

IAF UAV courtesy of IDF

An Israeli military expert says the likelihood is growing that Israel will need to launch more multi-front operations.

Israel Air Force Headquarters Chief Brigadier General Hagai Topolansky told a national security conference Tuesday the Jewish State is likely to extend its operations beyond its borders as well.

"In the 80s and 90s we operated to deal with situations in places as far away as Iraq,” Topolansky told the audience at the Fisher Institute in Herzliya.

"In the past decade, we went as far away as Iran,” he added. “I hope [our operations] won't have to be extended any farther [than that].”

Earlier this month, the IDF issued call up orders for six battalions to guard the Egyptian and Syrian borders, with authorization for more if needed.
The orders were approved by the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee as part of a request to call up as many as 22 battalions. A military spokesperson said the call up came following intelligence assessments calling for increased deployment of more troops.

Israeli defense personnel are also closely watching Lebanon as loyalists to the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad clash with anti-government factions in Lebanese territory.

The growing Syrian civil war has begun to carry over into neighboring Lebanon.

Pro- and anti-Syrian factions within the Lebanese population have been clashing in the streets of Tripoli.

Violence also began this week to spill over into the capital of Beirut for the first time as well, giving rise to speculation the guns might eventually be pointed at Israel. Thousands of refugees and Syrian Army deserters have poured into Lebanon, which is dominated by the Hizbullah terrorist organization and other pro-Syrian factions.

If Assad falls, as Israeli officials believe he will, the IDF may face Al Qaeda-linked fighters at the border near the Golan Heights. If the Hamas and Islamic Jihad terrorist organizations launch an attack on southern Israel, a second front will open -- as happened during the 2006 Second Lebanon War. Were the Palestinian Authority's ruling Fatah faction in Ramallah to launch a simultaneous attack in Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem, a third front would be added, and with that, a multi-front war against Israel could easily be sparked, possibly even with additional Arab nations joining in.

Tags: Fisher Institute ,IDF ,multi-front ,Beirut ,Syria ,Gaza ,Al Qaeda ,Lebanon ,Hagai Topolansky

More on this topic

GSS Cracks Terror Cells in Hevron
IDF Officer, Soldier Wounded by Terrorist Fire
Turkey Indicts 4 Former IDF Commanders Over Mavi Marmara
9/11 ‘Success’ Spurs Al Qaeda’s Anti-US Cyber Warfare
Al Qaeda Calls for Saudi Uprising
Islamist at Core of Lebanon Bloodletting Freed
Hard of Hearing? Still a Great Soldier!
IDF to Use 'Tens of Thousands of Munitions' in Next War
Heavy Fighting in Syria, Dozens Killed
Syrian Fires Make Beirut Boil

=============
Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities.
Mail check to address above or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm

REMEMBER?
"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN
--------------------------------

Freeman Note: Learn how to combat ignorance with the knowledge in Bernard's new book. It is jam packed with history, political, Judaic and military/strategic wisdom.

E-book only 3.99
Best URLs for my book:
THE BATTLE FOR ERETZ YISRAEL
Jews, G-d and Israel
---
The perfect Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Confirmation or Graduation Present

Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-battle-for-eretz-yisrael-bernard-j-shapiro/1106677920?ean=9781462006533&itm=1

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Eretz-Yisrael-Israel-1992-2011/dp/146200654X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320154322&sr=1-

All my royalties from the sale of my book will go to the Freeman Center For Strategic Studies for important Zionist/educational purposes.
--------------------------------------

=============
Orwell's Newspeak In The Middle East
Peace Process = Piece of Israel For Piece of Paper
Zionist Left (Labor, Kadima & Meretz) = Arab Nationalism Not Zionism
Self-Defense = Restraint = Israeli Deaths to Save Arab Lives
Transfer = Transfer Jews Not Arabs
American Aid = Does Not Aid Israel = American Control of Israel
Jewish Power = Jewish Weakness
Israeli Leadership = Chelmite Leadership = No Leadership
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE AND LOVE

MAY ISRAEL AVOID PREEMPTIVE SURRENDER IN 2012
By Not Agreeing To Self-Destruction as per Orders from the US and the Left.
=======

HASHEM HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.
PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR A MIRACLE -
BE THE MIRACLE!!