[Freemanlist2] Syria Moving Scuds to Israel, Turkey Borders – Report By Gil Ronen

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 7 08:58:11 CDT 2012

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - May 7, 2012

* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE (URL): < www.freeman.org >
THE MACCABEAN ONLINE: URL:http:// www.freeman. org/online. htm
Freeman Center Blog http://www. freeman.org/ serendipity /
============

SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER

Syria Moving Scuds to Israel, Turkey Borders – Report
Jordanian news site says western spy satellites show hundreds of Scud launchers moving south and north.

By Gil Ronen
First Publish: Arutz Sheva -5/6/2012, 6:49 PM

Bashar Assad
Reuters

Jordanian news site Ahbar Baladna reports that western spy satellites have recently spotted movements of Syrian heavy missile launchers northward and southward, toward Syria's borders with Turkey and Israel.
The site says hundreds of high-caliber launchers are being moved, and that these could only be long range Scud missile launchers.

Syria has threatened in the past that in the event of foreign military intervention on its soil, it will not hesitate to fire missiles at Israel and Turkey in order to ignite a large scale regional war.

Turkish and French officials said ten days ago they were mulling a potential military intervention in Syria, where civil war has been raging for 14 months.

“In the face of developments in Syria, we are taking into consideration any kind of possibility in line with our national security and interests,” Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu told parliament during a briefing to lawmakers.

Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities.
Mail check to address above or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm