[Freemanlist2] IDF -The Enemy Is Listening

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 12 09:48:58 CDT 2012

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - June 12, 2012

* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE (URL): < www.freeman.org >
THE MACCABEAN ONLINE: URL:http:// www.freeman. org/online. htm
Freeman Center Blog http://www. freeman.org/ serendipity /
============

SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER
===

The Enemy Is Listening
IDF, the Information Security Department launched a campaign to tighten
security
IsraelDefense 12/6/2012
http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=483&ArticleID=1360

According to a senior official in the IDF's Information Security Department,
"The potential for classified military information to leak is growing, also
in the level of its confidentiality. This means the challenge to protect the
information is becoming more serious."

against the IDF, the Information Security Department launched a campaign to
warn Israeli soldiers of discussing classified information at train stations
and to raise awareness of the growing and intensifying threat.

Advancements in global connectivity technology and the growing motivation of
Israel's enemies to gather classified information have posed new strategic
challenges to the IDF, and the Information Security Department is operating
accordingly by increasing its monitoring and information-leak identification
capabilities.

"The motivation to gather information against the IDF and the State of
Israel is growing, especially by listening to cellular phones and using
cyber space... In the past a single soldier's capability to cause damage was
less significant, however with the accessibility of technology, the risk is
growing and technological security must be prepared in response," explained
the senior official.

IMRA - Independent Media Review and Analysis
Website: www.imra.org.il

Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities.
Mail check to address above or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm