[Freemanlist2] US excludes Israel from anti-terror forum because of Turkey -Ran Dagoni

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 10 17:28:07 CDT 2012

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - June 10, 2012

* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE (URL): < www.freeman.org >
THE MACCABEAN ONLINE: URL:http:// www.freeman. org/online. htm
Freeman Center Blog http://www. freeman.org/ serendipity /
============

SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER
===

US excludes Israel from anti-terror forum because of Turkey
Israel tried hard to obtain an invitation to the Global Counterterrorism
Forum meeting, and its exclusion has greatly disappointed officials in
Jerusalem.
10 June 12 13:23, Ran Dagoni, Washington - Globes
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000755761&fid=1725

The US blocked Israel's participation in the Global Counterterrorism Forum's
(GCTF) first meeting in Istanbul on Friday, even though Israel has one of
the most extensive experiences in counterterrorism in the world. A
pro-Israeli source in Washington told "Globes" that Israel was excluded from
the meeting because of fierce objections by Turkish President Recep Tayyip
Erdogan.

Israel tried hard to obtain an invitation to the meeting, and its exclusion,
despite the tight US-Israeli intelligence ties, has greatly disappointed
officials in Jerusalem.

The GCTF, one of the pillars of President Barack Obama's antiterrorism
campaign, was established in September 2011. The White House calls the forum
as a wise use of force against terrorism, and chose Turkey as the forum's
joint chair, together with the US.

29 countries are participating in the GCTF, ten of which are Arab and/or
Muslim countries: Algeria, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Morocco, Pakistan,
Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates. Other members
include China, Russia, India, and Western European countries.

"The GCTF sought from the outset to bridge old and deep divides in the
international community between Western donor nations and Muslim majority
nations. And it has, I think, done that quite effectively," said a top US
official at the press briefing before the opening session.

Republican politicians claim that, since one third of the GCTF's members are
Muslim countries, the Obama administration is trying to deepen ties with the
Muslim world at Israel's expense.

session in Istanbul raised at a press conference yesterday, the State
Department opted to focus on the questions: Has Israel requested membership
to the Global Counterterrorism Forum? Has the United States, as a co-host of
the forum, sought to get Israel involved?

A State Department spokesman replied, "Our idea with the GCTF was to bring
together a limited number of traditional donors, front line states, and
emerging powers develop a more robust, yet representative, counterterrorism
capacity-building platform. A number of our close partners with considerable
experience countering and preventing terrorism are not included among the
GCTF’s founding members.

"We have discussed the GCTF and ways to involve Israel in its activities on
a number of occasions, and are committed to making this happen."

Pro-Israeli sources say that the Obama administration decided to ignore the
fact that Turkey, which has a key role in the GCTF, opposes calling Hamas a
terrorist organization, even though Hamas is included on the State
Department's list of terrorist organizations. In an interview with the US
media last May, Erdogan said that he did not consider Hamas a terrorist
organization, but as a resistance movement trying to protect its country
from occupation. He said that Hamas won elections in the Gaza Strip in 2006,
and that, therefore, calling it a terrorist organization was an insult to
the Palestinian people.

For its part, Turkey calls the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), which is
seeking to establish a Kurdish state in southeast Turkey and northern Iraq,
as a terrorist organization, and the US supports this position.

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes-online.com -
on June 10, 2012

IMRA - Independent Media Review and Analysis
Website: www.imra.org.il

=============
Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities.
Mail check to address above or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm

REMEMBER?
"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN -
"But when they come for me today, I will destroy them"...Bernard
--------------------------------

Freeman Note: Learn how to combat ignorance with the knowledge in Bernard's new book. It is jam packed with history, political, Judaic and military/strategic wisdom.

E-book only 3.99
Best URLs for my book:
THE BATTLE FOR ERETZ YISRAEL
Jews, G-d and Israel
---
The perfect Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Confirmation or Graduation Present

Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-battle-for-eretz-yisrael-bernard-j-shapiro/1106677920?ean=9781462006533&itm=1

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Eretz-Yisrael-Israel-1992-2011/dp/146200654X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320154322&sr=1-

All my royalties from the sale of my book will go to the Freeman Center For Strategic Studies for important Zionist/educational purposes.
--------------------------------------

=============
Orwell's Newspeak In The Middle East
Peace Process = Piece of Israel For Piece of Paper
Zionist Left (Labor, Kadima & Meretz) = Arab Nationalism Not Zionism
Self-Defense = Restraint = Israeli Deaths to Save Arab Lives
Transfer = Transfer Jews Not Arabs
American Aid = Does Not Aid Israel = American Control of Israel
Jewish Power = Jewish Weakness
Israeli Leadership = Chelmite Leadership = No Leadership
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE AND LOVE

MAY ISRAEL AVOID PREEMPTIVE SURRENDER IN 2012
By Not Agreeing To Self-Destruction as per Orders from the US and the Left.
=======

HASHEM HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.
PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR A MIRACLE -
BE THE MIRACLE!!