[Freemanlist2] PA Arabs Attack, Israelis' Weapons Confiscated

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 3 05:33:52 CDT 2012

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST - June 3, 2012

* E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE (URL): < www.freeman.org >
THE MACCABEAN ONLINE: URL:http:// www.freeman. org/online. htm
Freeman Center Blog http://www. freeman.org/ serendipity /
============

SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER
===

REMEMBER?
"First They Came for the Jews"
By Pastor Niemoller

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN -
"But when they come for me today, I will destroy them"...Bernard
--------------------------------

[Freeman Note: "Jews should never surrender their guns and weapons. Let their enemies pry them from their COLD DEAD FINGERS"....NRA & Bernard]
-----------------------------

PA Arabs Attack, Israelis' Weapons Confiscated
Yitzhar’s security forces have their weapons taken following concerns over heavy-handed response to PA attacks.

By Maayana Miskin
First Publish: Arutz Sheva -6/3/2012, 9:09 AM

Confrontation near Yitzhar (file)
Israel news photo: Flash 90

Security forces in the Samaria (Shomron) town of Yitzhar were recently involved in violent clashes with Palestinian Authority Arabs, a senior IDF commander said.

In at least one case, the security team managed to prevent an attack. Despite that, the team has been punished for its allegedly heavy-handed response by having its responsibilities scaled back and its weapons confiscated.

The commander described two of the incidents that led to the punishment. As background, he noted that there has been a rash of arson attacks in the area lately – most of them carried out by Palestinian Authority Arabs, but some carried out by Israelis. He warned that the proposed demolition of the Ulpana neighborhood in Beit El is expected to increase violence.

Two weeks ago, he said, some young residents of Yitzhar clashed with nearby PA Arabs following a PA attack in the area. “When the army reached the area one of the security force members fired toward a Palestinian and wounded him in his face, saying the Palestinian had threatened him,” he reported.

The incident is under police investigation, and it has not yet been determined whether or not the man acted appropriately.

More recently, the security team responded to a clash between local Jews and PA Arabs from a nearby town. The Israeli youth pointed out a PA Arab man hidden behind a rock, shouting, “He’s armed, he’s armed.” Security team members responded by opening fire, hitting the PA man in the stomach.

The PA man turned out to have been carrying a large knife. In the moments after he was wounded he took out his mobile phone and smashed it, leading to suspicion that he had been plotting an attack and was attempting to destroy evidence.

Youth from Yitzhar bound the wounded man and hit him. “It was a miracle that the IDF arrived,” the IDF commander related. “They removed the young men, who could have done the Palestinian serious harm.”

Police are investigating the second incident as well. In the meantime, the security team has been ordered to respond to incidents only within Yitzhar itself, and to stay away from clashes between Israelis and PA Arabs outside the town borders – even though the team is often able to respond more quickly than the IDF.

-------------------------

‘IDF Commanders Cower in Face of PA Violence’
IDF heads are accused of “cowardly” behavior over the response to clashes near Yitzhar.

By Maayana Miskin
First Publish: Arutz Sheva -6/3/2012, 10:50 AM

Rioters throw stones
Flash 90

Local leaders responded angrily Sunday to a senior IDF commander’s claim that Yitzhar residents are increasing conflict in Samaria (Shomron). The town’s security team had its power to respond to violent incidents curtailed in response, and many team members had their weapons confiscated.

Samaria Regional Council head Gershon Mesika said it is the IDF that has responded inappropriately to Palestinian Authority violence, by failing to fight it effectively.

“Senior commanders are acting as cowards in the face of Arab violence in Judea and Samaria,” he accused. “They tremble like a leaf over the extreme Left’s slander.”

“Their cowardly, toothless response to far-left and Arab riots in the Yitzhar area is what is leading to conflict,” Mesika continued. “These riots could have been nipped in the bud, but certain senior commanders are tough only when it comes to Yitzhar’s security force – the members of which risked their lives to prevent an infiltration and an arson attack on homes.”

The senior commander who detailed accusations against the Yitzhar team mentioned the case of a PA Arab man who was shot and wounded by the team, then beaten by local youth. The PA man had been carrying a knife, the commander noted, and had smashed his cell phone in an attempt to demolish it after being shot.

What the commander failed to mention, Mesika said, was that the phone was later revealed to have photos of the PA man armed with a gun, strengthening suspicions that he was planning a terrorist attack. “It is bizarre but unsurprising that the senior commander censored that fact,” he said.

Please contribute to The Freeman Center's essential educational activities.
Mail check to address above or by paypal:
http://www.freeman.org/paypal.htm