[Freemanlist2] Intel Hangs Out ‘Help Wanted’ Sign in Israel -Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 18 10:28:48 CST 2011

FREEMAN  CENTER BROADCAST - JANUARY 18,  2010

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
OUR WEB SITE (URL): < www.freeman. org >< /FONT>
THE MACCABEAN ONLINE: URL:http:// www.freeman. org/online. htm
Freeman Center Blog http://www. freeman.org/ serendipity /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Intel - more jobs in Israel
Israel news photo: Flash 90

Intel Hangs Out ‘Help Wanted’ Sign in Israel

Shevat 13, 5771, 18 January 11 06:08by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(Israelnationalnews.com) Unemployed? No future in Silicon Valley? Intel again has hung out the “help wanted” sign in Israel, where it is recruiting 1,000 new workers this year for nanometer technology that produces semiconductors.

The giant chip maker also announced it is investing $2.7 billion over the next two years at its Kiryat Gat facility, located between Be’er Sheva and metropolitan Tel Aviv.

During the introduction of the nanometer technology, “There will be an exchange of machinery that will lower the pace of production while we are bringing in the machinery with new technology at the same time,” according to Intel’s general manager in Israel, Maxine Fassberg.

Intel already is one of Israel’s largest private employers, with more than 7,000 employees. Fassberg claims that the company indirectly provided jobs for an additional 20,000 people.

Intel has been operating in Israel for 25 years ago, and Israeli computer engineers in Haifa have been overseeing the development of personal computers for the next generation. Intel unveiled the architecture of the project, dubbed Sandy Bridge, earlier this month at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Shlomit Weiss, the architect of Sandy Bridge, told Globes that the project included more than 1,000 software engineers and that work continued for four years.

www.IsraelNationalNews.com
© Copyright IsraelNationalNews.com
Subscribe to the free Daily Israel Report - israelnn.com/subscribe