[Freemanlist2] Steven Plaut - Extreme anti-Semitic Jewish Left fights TRUTH

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 14 08:57:13 CDT 2010

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST- May 14, 2010

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

SHABBAT SHALOM!
=======================
THERE IS NO MAGIC CURE FOR CONFLICT
OBAMA THINKS THERE IS, IF YOU SACRIFICE ISRAEL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE TRUTH MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POPULAR,
BUT IT IS STILL THE TRUTH.

===============

Extreme anti-Semitic Jewish Left fights TRUTH
by Steven Plaut

And so the leftist assault against the freedom of speech of critics of anti-Israel leftist Israelis continues!

1.  Far leftist founder of Peace Now, Galia Golan, denounces those who criticize the Israeli academic fifth column.  Accuses us of being RICH!!  (If only…)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3888067,00.html

Crippling our democracy

Current attacks on Israel’s civil society, academia more dangerous than ever
Galia Golan

It is not clear just what is behind the present attack on Israeli civil society and academia. Is it simply a misguided campaign by a small, inconsequential (but rich) minority on the extreme right? Is it the lashing out of a weak government responding to outside pressure and criticism? Or, is it, more likely, the expression of an ideology now in power – that of the right-wing, the Likud and its supporters?

If we look back, we could see signs of it when the Likud came to power the first time. Not only the populist anti-(Ashkenazi) elitism and anti-intellectualism but also the epithets against the peace camp of “fifth column,” “knife in the back of the nation,” and the like.

This was brought to an abrupt halt by the hand-grenade thrown on the Peace Now demonstration and the killing of Emil Grunsweig. The government sent a representative to the funeral and began to portray the peace movement as a “loyal opposition.”

Such caution was forgotten in the Oslo period, and the results were again tragic. But for almost a year now we have seen the approach back again in full strength – indeed far bolder, and far more dangerous than any time in the past.

It could be seen last summer in the police “raid” on New Profile, and later in the attacks on the funding of Breaking the Silence. It could be seen in the plethora of proposed legislation such as the Nakba law, the draconic immigration (called infiltrators) bill, and the proposed law to curb NGO funding.

It can be seen not only in “private” initiatives such as the ads and posters of Im Tirtzu blaming human rights organizations (and those that fund them) for Israel’s isolation in the world, but also, still more alarmingly perhaps, in the Knesset education committee’s discussion of that organization’s report on what was called the anti-Zionism of the academic staff and teachings of Israeli universities.

Social contract
The Knesset committee called upon the Council for Higher Education to take the report of Im Tirzu and investigate what Committee Chair Zvulun Orlev called ”subversive and anti-Zionist.” These (and more) are not isolated items. They add up to a policy, a campaign designed to cripple civil society, stifle criticism and eliminate opposition. They endanger the very essence of liberal democracy and of a free society, namely pluralism – of thought, deed, and expression.

By means of the social contract between the people and the state, citizens voluntarily accept limits to their freedoms for the good of the community, but democratic societies are also committed to protecting

the minority from tyranny of the majority. Freedom to criticize, to call the state to account, to protect people’s rights are all critical to the preservation of democracy.

For decades we have stood by and watched as government after government denied democratic freedoms to the millions of Palestinians under Israeli occupation – in the name of preserving the democratic and Jewish character of Israel. Now we have a government that appears to be on the road to applying the same approach to Israeli society itself, in the name, it would seem, of some distorted version of Zionism. Not only Herzl may be turning over in his grave at this, but perhaps also Jabotinsky.

Professor Galia Golan, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (emerita); Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya

2.  TAU Psychology professor Carlo Strenger serving as Hit Man for TAU
President Joseph Klafter.  Accuses TAU Governors of Lying.  Toady-like
shilling for Klafter and Shlomo Sand.  Attacks Dershowitz.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fiction/strenger-than-fiction-a-triumph-of-academic-freedom-at-tel-aviv-university-1.290205

Insists that since "only" 140 students have been harassed by leftist
faculty members at TAU, there is no real problem:

Blurb:

My colleagues’ sensitivity is understandable: the myth that Tel Aviv
University Professors intimidate students on the basis of their right-wing
views keeps being perpetuated, for example by Brenda Katten, public
relation chair for WIZO. This allegation was proven to be entirely
fabricated in an in-depth investigation conducted by the Rector of Tel Aviv
University last December.

Tel Aviv University has an electronic feedback system through which
students anonymously evaluate their teachers' performance (to make sure
that they can speak their minds). It turned out that 140 complaints were
filed by students who felt they were being harassed for their right-wing
views. Most of the complaints were against three professors. Tel Aviv
University has 25,000 students and 1,000 senior faculty, hence every year
there are several hundred thousand feedbacks. That means that less than one
of one thousand evaluations included complaints about this issue. But this
simply doesn’t bother those who continue to perpetuate this myth.

3.  Uri Bar-Joseph (international relations, University of Haifa) Fabricates
"New History."  Discovers that Israel Itself Caused the 1973 Yom Kippur War
because it refused to make peace with Egypt

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/worse-than-golda-and-dayan-1.290278

Excerpt
“In other words, Israel had two options: to progress with a diplomatic
process that guaranteed, already at the start, a peace agreement with Egypt
in exchange for the evacuation of all of Sinai, or to enter a war that the
Arab side would initiate with the goal of motivating Israel to embark on
such a diplomatic process.”

========
ISRAELIS MUST BE PREPARED FOR A CONTINUOUS BATTLE FOR SURVIVAL
WE CAN NOT RESIGN FROM THIS STRUGGLE
WE CAN NOT DEPEND ON ANY OTHER NATION
THIS IS OUR BATTLE - AND WE MUST FIGHT IT ALONE
WE WILL WIN BECAUSE OF OUR MIGHT AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
AND THE ALMIGHTY WILL BE BY OUR SIDE
))))))))))((((((((((

MAY ISRAEL AVOID PREEMPTIVE SURRENDER IN 2010
By Not Agreeing To Self-Destruction as per Orders from the US and the Left.
===========================
 Orwell's Newspeak In The Middle East

Peace Process = Piece of Israel For Piece of Paper
Zionist Left (Labor, Kadima & Meretz) = Arab Nationalism Not Zionism
Self-Defense = Restraint = Israeli Deaths to Save Arab Lives
Transfer = Transfer Jews Not Arabs
American Aid = Does Not Aid Israel = American Control of Israel
Jewish Power NOT Jewish Weakness
Israeli Leadership = Chelmite Leadership = No Leadership
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE AND LOVE

[Freeman Center Note: Considering the Jewish historical experience with weakness, ALL Jews (and, of course, Israelis) should be armed and able to defend themselves. Any attempt by the government to disarm Jews should be resisted by force. Better to die a free man than to live as a slave. Any attempt by the U.S, Europe or the UN to limit Israeli military freedom of action should be prevented!]
HASHEM HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.
PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR A MIRACLE -
BE THE MIRACLE!!