[Freemanlist2] FOX NEWS SHOW ATTEMPTS TO LEGITIMIZE HAMAS-ASSOCIATED GROUP CAIR

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 9 07:19:40 CDT 2010

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST- May 9, 2010

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

FOX NEWS SHOW ATTEMPTS TO LEGITIMIZE HAMAS-ASSOCIATED GROUP CAIR
[Freeman Note: We have also noted this trend on Fox. For example,The cause of the peace talk breakdown is portrayed as Israel building homes in Jerusalem. Or, in the beginning, the Israeli war against Hamas, instead of: Israel defending itself against Hamas. We thank Joe Kaufman for bringing this issue to to front.]
This should be a surprise to no one considering Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal now owns a 7 percent stake in Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., the parent company of Fox News, making him the company's largest shareholder outside of Murdoch's own family.  He's bragged on Arab TV that he phoned Murdoch during the Tehran riots and asked that Islam or Islamic phrases not be used.  So much for "Fair and Balanced".
http://www.americansagainsthate.org/press_releases/PR-CAIR_Megyn_Kelly.php
May 8, 2010
For Immediate Release
Contact: Joe Kaufman (info at americansagainsthate.org)
FOX NEWS SHOW ATTEMPTS TO LEGITIMIZE HAMAS-ASSOCIATED GROUP CAIR
HOST MEGYN KELLY ASKS CAIR REP TO COMMENT ON RADICAL ISLAM, WHILE NEGLECTING CAIR’S OWN TIES TO RADICAL ISLAM
(New York, NY) On Friday, May 7, 2010, Fox News’ show America Live featured a representative from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a group that was founded by Hamas operatives and has been named by the U.S. government as a party to the financing of Hamas.

During the show, host Megyn Kelly asked CAIR’s National Legislative Director Corey Saylor to comment about radical Muslims who threatened the creators of the cartoon South Park with violence. Kelly neglected to mention that CAIR, itself, is associated with radical Islam.

Various CAIR representatives have made a number of appearances on Fox News shows as guests without mention of the group’s ties to Hamas or terrorist financing.

Chairman of Americans Against Hate (AAH) Joe Kaufman stated, “It is apparent that Fox News and its shows’ hosts wish to legitimize CAIR by giving the pro-terrorist group a forum to speak. This has happened too many times in the recent past to be given a pass as a small error in judgment. If Fox wishes to be considered a station of integrity, it will end this dangerous trend immediately.”

Joe Kaufman is available for interview. E-mail: info at americansagainsthate.org.