[Freemanlist2] Google Makes First-Ever Israeli Acquisition -Malkah Fleisher

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 29 11:56:12 CDT 2010

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

OBAMA THINKS THERE IS, IF YOU SACRIFICE ISRAEL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Google Makes First-Ever Israeli Acquisition

Iyar 15, 5770, 29 April 10 07:42by Malkah Fleisher

(Israelnationalnews.com) Internet search giant Google has made its first ever acquisition in Israel, purchasing Israeli start-up Labpixies for $25 million.
Labpixies specializes in personalized websites and mobile gadgets such as calendars, checklists, games, and news and weatherfeeds.
Google launched a research and development center in Israel in 2005, and runs a Hebrew-language version of its powerful search engine. Labpixies was founded in 2006, and employs 10 people.

Labpixies was one of the first companies to create gadgets for iGoogle and for Apple's iPhone.  Google will utilize its acquisition to strengthen iGoogle and to create more cloud-based applications for global users.

Pictured above, from right: Oded Puntash and Ran Ben-Yair of Labpixies, Prof. Yossi Mattias of Google Israel, and Udi Graf and Nir Tzemach of Labpixies. Photo by Niv Kantor.

www.IsraelNationalNews.com
© Copyright IsraelNationalNews.com
Subscribe to the free Daily Israel Report - israelnn.com/subscribe