[Freemanlist2] Oversight Mechanisms to Simplify Planning and Building

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 25 08:29:27 CDT 2010

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

PM Netanyahu: Oversight Mechanisms in Reform to Simplify Planning and
Building to be  Re-examined
(Communicated by the Prime Minister's Media Adviser)21.4.10

In light of the possible repercussions of cases currently under
investigation by the Israel Police, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu – in
consultation with Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein – has asked Justice
Minister Yaakov Neeman to carry out an additional check of the oversight
mechanisms included in the draft planning and building law (the reform
designed to simplify and shorten planning and building procedures).  This is
in order to boost the upholding of proper administrative procedures and
integrity.  The check will be carried out soon in the framework of the
Ministerial Committee on Legislative Affairs, which is discussing the draft
law.

It should be emphasized that the draft law has been designed to lift the
bureaucratic impediments that have turned planning and building process in
Israel into one of the most complicated in the world.  In its current
format, the draft law contains a long series of checks and balances designed
to fight corruption by increasing transparency and oversight of the planning
process.

The reform is designed to improve, increase the efficiency of, and shorten
planning and construction procedures and rescue citizens and investors from
the bureaucratic maze.  This reform, along with others being advanced by the
Government, is expected to lead to both an increase in the supply of
residential units on the market and more moderate prices.  Thousands of
residential units are currently stuck 'in the pipeline'.  Their release will
not only encourage increased supply but will also prevent unacceptable
practices.

Prime Minister Netanyahu this morning (Wednesday), 21.4.10, hailed the
reform and said – inter alia – that, "We have shortened the process and
rendered it both more transparent and more open to public scrutiny.
However, I am still disturbed by the possibility that there might remain –
at the local planning committees – pockets of practices that do not meet the
criterion of integrity.  Therefore, I have asked Justice Minister Neeman
to – in consultation with Attorney General Weinstein – examine the need to
improve the new reform by adding tools that will further boost transparency,
enforcement and the war on corruption."

IMRA - Independent Media Review and Analysis
Website: www.imra.org.il
=================

OBAMA THINKS THERE IS, IF YOU SACRIFICE ISRAEL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ISRAELIS MUST BE PREPARED FOR A CONTINUOUS BATTLE FOR SURVIVAL
WE CAN NOT RESIGN FROM THIS STRUGGLE
WE CAN NOT DEPEND ON ANY OTHER NATION
THIS IS OUR BATTLE - AND WE MUST FIGHT IT ALONE
WE WILL WIN BECAUSE OF OUR MIGHT AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
AND THE ALMIGHTY WILL BE BY OUR SIDE
))))))))))((((((((((

MAY ISRAEL AVOID PREEMPTIVE SURRENDER IN 2010
By Not Agreeing To Self-Destruction as per Orders from the US and the Left.
===========================
 Orwell's Newspeak In The Middle East

Peace Process = Piece of Israel For Piece of Paper
Zionist Left (Labor, Kadima & Meretz) = Arab Nationalism Not Zionism
Self-Defense = Restraint = Israeli Deaths to Save Arab Lives
Transfer = Transfer Jews Not Arabs
American Aid = Does Not Aid Israel = American Control of Israel
Jewish Power NOT Jewish Weakness
Israeli Leadership = Chelmite Leadership = No Leadership
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE AND LOVE

[Freeman Center Note: Considering the Jewish historical experience with weakness, ALL Jews (and, of course, Israelis) should be armed and able to defend themselves. Any attempt by the government to disarm Jews should be resisted by force. Better to die a free man than to live as a slave. Any attempt by the U.S, Europe or the UN to limit Israeli military freedom of action should be prevented!]
HASHEM HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.
PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR A MIRACLE -
BE THE MIRACLE!!

THE TRUTH MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POPULAR,