[Freemanlist2] Dr. Aaron Lerner Commentary: Israel Must Reject American Nuclear Blackmail

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 9 09:59:17 CDT 2010

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

JERUSALEM IS OURS
GET USED TO IT!
==========
=====================
THERE IS NO MAGIC CURE FOR CONFLICT
OBAMA THINKS THERE IS, IF YOU SACRIFICE ISRAEL
ISRAELIS MUST BE PREPARED FOR A CONTINUOUS BATTLE FOR SURVIVAL
WE CAN NOT RESIGN FROM THIS STRUGGLE
WE CAN NOT DEPEND ON ANY OTHER NATION
THIS IS OUR BATTLE - AND WE MUST FIGHT IT ALONE
WE WILL WIN BECAUSE OF OUR MIGHT AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
AND THE ALMIGHTY WILL BE BY OUR SIDE
))))))))))((((((((((

Weekly Commentary: Israel Must Reject American Nuclear Blackmail

Dr. Aaron Lerner                   Date: 8 April 2010

Is the Obama Administration applying nuclear blackmail to the Jewish State?

Well, what exactly do you call it when elements in his team link stopping a
nuclear Iran to the creation of Palestinian state?

Let’s make this clear:

The Saudis and the rest of their brothers in the Gulf want Iran to be
prevented from going nuclear at all cost.  And their opposition to a nuclear
Iran has absolutely nothing to do with what flag flies over Abu Dis – let
alone the Temple Mount.

Let’s make it even easier to comprehend:  If Israel did not exist the Saudis
and the rest of their brothers in the Gulf would still want Iran to be
prevented from going nuclear at all cost.

As for other players: if one were to map out the complex web of interests
that drives Chinese and Russian policies vis-à-vis the Iranian nuclear
challenge, the resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would most
likely not even be on the page.

Sure, when someone wants to curse Uncle Sam they may throw in mention of
Israel.  But the desire to curse came first.  And if they couldn’t mention
Israel they would curse America for the next thing down the list.

Back to our situation here in Israel.

Now, it doesn’t have to make sense when a blackmailer connects between two
things.  The point is that the connection is being made.

First of all, and with a heavy heart, one has to take into account that it
appears that this blackmailer can’t deliver the goods.

Even if we were to obediently follow Mr. Obama’s marching orders it does not
appear that he has the will or determination to actually prevent Iran from
going nuclear.

And if he could in fact deliver the goods?

A wise blackmailer never lets his victim off the hook.  And no one is
claiming that President Obama is dumb.

Create a Palestinian state or Iran won’t be contained.

Withdraw from the Golan or all bets are off.

Give autonomy to the Arabs in the Galilee or the program will fail.

Stop blowing that noisy shofar at the Western Wall …

It would never end.

So.  As painful and as challenging as it may be.

And it is.

Our interests are best met by rejecting this blackmail and moving on.

America’s interests are served by preventing a nuclear Iran.

The interests of the Gulf States are served by preventing a nuclear Iran.

If anything, it might help to expedite matters for Mr. Obama to know that he
has no Palestinian-Israeli developments to wait for before his team finally
seriously addresses the Iranian challenge.

Dr. Aaron Lerner, Director IMRA (Independent Media Review & Analysis)
(Mail POB 982 Kfar Sava)
Tel 972-9-7604719/Fax 972-3-7255730
INTERNET ADDRESS: imra at netvision.net.il
Website: http://www.imra.org.il