[Freemanlist2] The Bare Bones on Foreign Coverage - Why is there Media Bias? + example

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 2 07:31:38 CDT 2008

  FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST- May 2, 2008

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

  =============   SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER
  KEEP OUR VOICE STRONG
  ====================   Ignorance Is Weakness - Know The Truth

  ===========
  NEVER AGAIN!
  BUT ISRAELI GOVERNMENT APPEASEMENT IS LEADING TO A SECOND HOLOCAUST
  ======

  April 30, 2008  The Bare Bones on Foreign Coverage  Dry Bones blog offers up a cartoon today on the fundamental challenge to accurate reporting on the Mideast, and kindly features CAMERA.
    For CAMERA's collection of articles on intimidation of the media, see here.

  =============================

  MEDIA BIAS EXPLAINED IN AN EXAMPLE

  A biker was riding by the zoo, when he saw a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabbed her by the cuff of her jacket and tried to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

  The biker jumped off his bike, ran to the cage and hit the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.  Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumped back and let go of the girl. The biker then took her to her terrified parents, who thanked him endlessly.

  A reporter saw the whole scene, and addressing the biker, said, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in  my whole life.'

  'Why, it was nothing,' said the biker, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.'
  'I noticed a patch on your jacket,' said the journalist.

  'Yeah, I ride with an Israeli motorcycle club,' the biker replied.
'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist with the Times, you know, and tomorrow's papers will have this on the front page.'

  The following morning the biker bought the paper to see if it indeed brought out the news of his actions. On the front page was the headline:
  'ISRAELI GANG MEMBER ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH.