[Freemanlist2] Holocaust/Heroism Day Begins Tonight

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 30 08:56:36 CDT 2008

  FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST- April 30, 2008

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

  =============   SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER
  KEEP OUR VOICE STRONG
  ====================   Ignorance Is Weakness - Know The Truth

      Those Who Fail To Learn From History
Are Condemned To Repeat It  "In 1934, Harry W. Freeman, my grandfather, was already lecturing about the dangers of Hitler and Nazism. Nobody listened. The Holocaust was not prevented. Today Israel's enemies plan a second Holocaust against the Jews of Israel and the world. The governments and people of Europe not only acquiesce but actively aid in this genocidal plan through diplomatic and material support. The American State Department encourages this by actively striving to weaken Israel's strategic and military superiority. Their first stage is to use the so called "peace process" to weaken Israel and strip it of its strategic territories. They are being aided by the same hypocrites and accomplices in the West who failed to aid the Jews of Europe in their darkest hour. Unfortunately, even left-wing Israelis have fallen victims to the seductive lure of peace and have begun a policy of appeasement similar to that tried with Hitler. The results will be no different.
     A harsh reality faces the Jewish people and Israel. We all want peace. We pray for peace in our Sabbath services every Friday night. After thousands of years, being victims of persecution, expulsion, extermination, and discrimination, it is natural that we yearn for peace with every ounce of our bodies and souls. It is because our hunger for peace is so strong that we must be doubly cautious not to fall for a psuedo-peace that is really the wolf of war wrapped in sheep's clothing. Today none of us believe Chamberlain really negotiated "peace in our time" with Hitler.  Why do some Jews believe that Peres and Rabin really negotiated peace with Arafat, one of today's Hitlers?         Israelis my age have fought in four wars and I understand their desire to be free of constant conflict. Unfortunately there is no magic cure.  I wish I could write more optimistic words. Beyond the neighboring states that Israel is negotiating with now lies another ring of unmitigated
 hostility led by Islamic fundamentalists like those in Iran.          As Jews we are all involved in this historic struggle to survive. It is not our fate or that of the Israelis that we should retire from this struggle. The only peace the Arabs are prepared to give us is the peace of the grave.   In blood and fire was Israel born and on a hot anvil was she  forged. The brave young soldiers of Israel must take a quick glance back to the crematoria of Auschwitz and then go forth to face the enemy knowing that there is still no alternative (ein briera).
  -->  "The Arab propaganda full of slanders and libels; the media bias against Israel replete with double standards and the rewriting of history are all working to the same end: making Israel appear illegitimate. Israel is the only country considered by many to be guilty of original sin by virtue of its very existence. This process has as its goal creating a world climate in which the destruction of Israel is acceptable. Many in the Jewish community are either apathetic or fail to recognize this threat.

  "I founded the Freeman Center For Strategic Studies in order to create a powerful voice to arouse the Jewish community to the action necessary to frustrate the evil designs of the enemies of Israel. I need your help to accomplish this mission."   . . . . . . . . .Bernard J. Shapiro

  Holocaust/Heroism Day Begins Tonight    25 Nissan 5768, 30 April 08 04:49
by Hillel Fendel

    (IsraelNN.com) Jews around the world, and particularly in Israel, will commemorate the six million Jews murdered in the Holocaust, as well as those who were able to fight back, beginning Wednesday evening.
  Yom HaShoah V'Hagvurah, Holocaust Martyrs and Heroes Remembrance Day, begins this evening at 8 PM with a public ceremony at Warsaw Ghetto Square in Yad Vashem, Jerusalem.  President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will speak, survivors will light six torches (see below), the Chief Rabbis will recite prayers, and Cantor Asher Heinowitz will sing the El Malei Rachamim prayer.
  The central theme of this year's commemorations is "Choose Life." Last year, it was "Bearing Witness."  At 10 PM, a symposium will be held on the topic of "Choose Life," with the participation of Holocaust survivors and Yad Vashem Chairman Avner Shalev.
  The six survivors lighting the torches are the following:
   Esther Samuel-Cahn, born in 1933 in Norway. A religiously observant professor at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, she was awarded the Israel Prize in Statistics in 2004. When she was 9, her father, Rabbi Dr. Yitzchak Samuel, the rabbi of Norwegian Jewry, was arrested by the Nazis and sent to Auschwitz. Several months later, she and her family were hidden behind potato sacks and smuggled to Sweden.  At age 13, a year after World War II ended, she immigrated to Israel with her mother and two brothers.
   Meir Brand, born in 1936 in Poland. In 1943, closed up in a Nazi-built ghetto, his parents decided to smuggle him out, and after many narrow escapes, he arrived in Budapest, Hungary.  He was on the Kastner Train - a trainload of almost 1,700 Jews who escaped from Hungary to safety in Switzerland - but was one of the few dozen who was detained in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.  After his rescue in 1945, he was brought to Israel via the Jewish Agency's Aliyat HaNoar (Youth Immigration) project.  Here he learned that his parents had been murdered.  Meir lived in the Jordan Valley's Kibbutz N'vei Eitan, and fought in most of Israel's wars.
   Naomi Shadmi, born in 1931 in Hungary.  At age 13, her father, older brother and mother were abducted, one after the other, by the Nazis. Naomi and her remaining younger brother were taken to the Budapest Ghetto.  After their release, they found that their relatives had been murdered.  They came to Israel, where Naomi worked for Israel Police for 20 years.
   Tzvi Ungar, born in 1929 in Poland.  He survived the Birkenau and Buchenwald concentration camps, as well as the infamous Death March, but the remainder of his family was murdered.  In 1948, he immigrated to Israel, fought in the War of Independence, and helped found Kibbutz Malkiyah, practically atop Israel's border with Lebanon, where he still resides.
   Menachem Katz, born in 1925 in Poland. At age 17, he and his family were taken to a ghetto, then banished to the Belzec concentration camp in Poland, where an estimated 600,000 people were murdered.  He escaped, and was later followed by his family.  In 1946, they were caught on their way to Palestine and taken to Cyprus, where they remained for about a year.  A prominent architect, Menachem designed the museum at Kibbutz Baram in memory of the Jews of Berezhany, his birthplace.
   Michael Maor, born in Germany in 1933. His family fled to Yugoslavia, then to Italy, and then to the forests with the partisans when Italy came under Nazi influence. In 1944, the Nazis murdered his parents, and he was taken to an orphanage.  In Israel, he worked for the Mossad Intelligence Agency, collected evidence against Adolph Eichmann, and established the Border Guard's intelligence department.
  The date of Yom HaShoah was chosen to mark the anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising.  Although the day became official by an act of Knesset, it has been traditionally commemorated by Jewish communities around the world.  Some religious communities prefer not to commemorate the Holocaust on this day, which falls in the generally happy month of Nissan, but rather on Tisha B'Av or on the Tenth of Tevet, which the Chief Rabbinate of Israel fixed as the day for the recital of the Kaddish prayer for those murdered during the Holocaust whose date of death is not known.

    www.IsraelNationalNews.com
  © Copyright IsraelNationalNews.com
  Subscribe to the free Daily Israel Report - sub.israelnn

  Holocaust Remembrance Day to begin tonight at Yad Vashem

---------------------------------
          Etgar Lefkovits , THE JERUSALEM POST   Apr. 29, 2008
---------------------------------
    Israel will pause Wednesday night in memory of the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust, as the country marks the start of Holocaust Remembrance Day.   The annual state ceremony that ushers in the 24-hour commemoration will begin at 8 p.m. at Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial.   The hourlong event will be broadcast on television and radio, and will be attended by President Shimon Peres, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and scores of dignitaries from around the world.   The central theme of this year's ceremony is Holocaust Survivors in Israel.   Six torches will be lit by Holocaust survivors in memory of the six million who perished. The chief rabbis of Israel will recite a selection from Psalms and the Kaddish mourning prayer.   All places of entertainment will be closed on Wednesday night.   Another Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony with the participation of Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni will take place at the Massuah Institute for the Study of the
 Holocaust in Kibbutz Tel Yitzhak, near Netanya.   On Thursday, a two-minute siren will sound at 10 a.m., at the start of a day of ceremonies throughout the nation.   An official state wreath-laying ceremony will take place just after the siren is sounded, at the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Memorial at Yad Vashem, in the presence of the prime minister and other VIPs.   The "Unto Every Person There is a Name" ceremony will follow - in which Holocaust victims' names are read out - at both the Hall of Remembrance at Yad Vashem and at the Knesset.   Approximately 250,000 Holocaust survivors live in Israel.   On Tuesday, in an effort to combat Holocaust denial, Yad Vashem launched two YouTube channels, http://www.youtube.com/user/YadVashem in English and http://www.youtube.com/user/yadvashemarabic in Arabic, with testimonies and archival footage about the Holocaust.   "Unfortunately, there is a plethora of misinformation and deliberate lies about the Holocaust available on the
 Internet," said Yad Vashem Chairman Avner Shalev. "The Yad Vashem channel on one of the most popular Web sites today will counter this material, and make reliable information widely available to anyone who seeks to know more about this terrible chapter in human history."   Separately, IDF Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi arrived in Poland on Tuesday, where he will lead the 10,000-strong March of the Living at Auschwitz-Birkenau on Thursday.   Ashkenazi will also meet with Poland's Defense Minister Bogdan Klich and Chief of Staff Gen. Franciszek Gagor during his three day visit.
    [Freeman Center Note: Considering the Jewish historical experience with weakness, ALL Jews (and, of course, Israelis) should be armed and able to defend themselves. Any attempt by the government to disarm Jews should be resisted by force. Better to die a free man than to live as a slave. Any attempt by the U.S, Europe or the UN to limit Israeli military freedom of action should be prevented!]
  http://www.freeman.org/future_history1.php

              Einstein Albert
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Exactly like the Israeli government has been doing.
      Einstein Albert
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.