[Freemanlist2] A7 Media Analysis: Haaretz and Pisgat Ze'ev - How Haaretz Lies to Defame Israel

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 3 07:56:02 CDT 2008

  FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST- April 3, 2008

Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net

  =============   SUPPORT THE FREEMAN CENTER
  KEEP OUR VOICE STRONG
  ====================   Ignorance Is Weakness - Know The Truth
  ============   To Make a tax deductible contribution to the Freeman Center's important educational work, mail check to address above or go to our website www.freeman.org to pay by credit card or paypal.

  ===========

  Orwell's Newspeak In The Middle East
  Peace Process = Piece of Israel For Piece of Paper
  Zionist Left (Labor, Kadima & Meretz) = Arab Nationalism Not Zionism
  Self-Defense = Restraint = Israeli Deaths to Save Arab Lives
  Transfer = Transfer Jews Not Arabs
  American Aid = Does Not Aid Israel = American Control of Israel
  Jewish Power = Jewish Weakness
  Israeli Leadership = Chelmite Leadership = No Leadership
  ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE AND LOVE
  )))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((((((((((

  ===========   Ignorance Is Weakness - Know The Truth

  MAY ISRAEL AVOID PREEMPTIVE SURRENDER IN 2008
  By Not Agreeing To Self-Destruction as per Orders from the US and the Left.
  =======

HASHEM HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

  PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR A MIRACLE -
  BE THE MIRACLE!!
    ================

THE TRUTH MAY NOT ALWAYS BE POPULAR,
  BUT IT IS STILL THE TRUTH.

  =====================

  A7 Media Analysis: Haaretz and Pisgat Ze'ev    27 Adar Bet 5768, 03 April 08 03:52
by Hillel Fendel
    (IsraelNN.com) Jerusalem Mayor Uri Lupoliansky approved this week 600 new housing units in the northern Jerusalem suburb of Pisgat Ze'ev - and the English version of the Haaretz newspaper gave a particular slant to the report.
  Widely read abroad, the English Haaretz reported the news by describing the area as "a Jewish settlement surrounded by Arab towns in the West Bank."  However, Yisrael Medad, Director of Information and Educational Resources at the Begin Heritage Center in Jerusalem, noted that Pisgat Ze'ev is actually not surrounded by Arab towns.  In addition, full-fledged Jerusalem neighborhoods are never referred to as "settlements" in any but the most left-wing circles.
  Medad noted in his blog that the original, Hebrew version of the Haaretz article said nothing about Pisgat Ze'ev either being a "settlement" or "being surrounded by Arab towns."

"We have a very politicized Haaretz subverting Israel abroad," Medad wrote.
  "The left not only wants to destroy Judea and Samaria," Medad later told Arutz-7, "but they even want to give away Pisgat Ze'ev with its tens of thousands of Jews!  Not only that, but though they always claim to be working on behalf of the rule of law, in this case they are working against a bona-fide Knesset law that annexed Pisgat Ze'ev and other neighborhoods as part of our capital city."
  A blog on the CAMERA (Committee For Accuracy in Middle East Reporting) site also reported on the Haaretz mis-translation: "It's often been noted that what certain Arab leaders say in Arabic before their own countrymen can differ sharply from what they say in English before Western audiences. An Israeli blogger has noticed Ha'aretz, which publishes both Hebrew and English editions, playing this same double game."

Landau Strikes Again
Medad added that a day earlier, he had met Haaretz editor David Landau, and that the following conversation took place:
  "I told him that he should watch the way he talks, referring to 'raping Israel' and all that.  He [Landau] smiled and retorted: 'I meant what I said, and I understand Condi Rice has taken my advice.'"

Last September, Landau participated in a briefing with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice and some 20 leading Israeli thinkers and media leaders.  Landau asked Rice to force an agreement upon Israel, adding that the Israeli government "wants to be raped."  Landau further said that it would bring him much satisfaction to see this happen.%ad%

    www.IsraelNationalNews.com
  © Copyright IsraelNationalNews.com
  Subscribe to the free Daily Israel Report - sub.israelnn.com