[Freemanlist2] Haviv Rettig - ZOA poll shows support for Israel in US

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 28 09:26:40 CDT 2007

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST-March 28, 2007
Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
As we approach Passover, we think of freedom from Egyptian bondage. Today the Israeli and Jewish People are in a new kind of bondage. It is a mental bondage, where the media and the Jewish leadership have conspired to keep the truth hidden from us. Very grave dangers are facing us both external and internal. We need a constant source of the truth to strengthen us to face those challenges.

The Freeman Center has been that unrelenting source of knowledge and truth for over 15 years. This Passover, why not make a special donation to show your support for our important educational work. Details on making a contribution are below:

To Make a tax deductible contribution to the Freeman Center's important educational work, mail check to address above or go to our website to pay by credit card of just click on URL below.
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=bernards@sbcglobal.net&item_name=Donation
&item_number=1&no_shipping=1&return=http://www.freeman.org&cancel_return=http://
www.freeman.org&cn=Comment(Optional):&currency_code=USD&lc=US&tax=0

`````````````````````````````````

ZOA poll shows support for Israel in US

Haviv Rettig, THE JERUSALEM POST Mar. 28, 2007

Palestinian gunmen from Hamas take positions during a gun battle with Fatah members in the West Bank city of Nablus , Friday, Dec. 22, 2006.

Americans oppose giving land to Palestinians by a margin of five to one, according to a new poll conducted by McLaughlin & Associates for the Zionist Organization of America.
To the question, "In your opinion, should Israel give more land to the Palestinians?" 60 percent of Americans rejected ceding land while 11% favored it.
Poll: Israeli teens aware of global anti-Semitism
The poll, conducted among 1,000 Americans on March 25, also found that Americans overwhelmingly (by a factor of 45% to 4.6%) supported Israel over the Palestinians in the context of the conflict.
"This puts to rest that anti-Semitic nonsense [according to which] a small group of Jews are pushing America into doing Israel's will," commented ZOA head Morton Klein upon the release of the poll s findings on Tuesday.
"American congressmen support Israel because their constituents do," he told The Jerusalem Post, adding, "if [Americans' support was] 10-to one in favor of the Arabs over Israel, I promise you Congress would not be supporting Israel."
The study's findings indicate that a primary issue which may be detracting from support for the Palestinians is terrorism, with Americans believing by a factor of 45% to 22% that a Palestinian state would be a "terrorist state rather than a peaceful democracy."
"And it's not surprising," commented Klein, saying of the Palestinians: "It's not like they're acting like decent civilized people promoting peace. They're not. Most Palestinians say in polls [conducted in Palestinian areas] that even if they have a state they will continue with terrorism."
The study also found a consistent trend in which some American - between a quarter and a half of the population - replied that they were not familiar with the issue or had no preference for either side.
The study's findings regarding Egypt and Saudi Arabia show that Americans are almost as wary of these countries as they are of Palestinian intentions, as 65% of Americans believe that Saudi Arabia is an unreliable and untrustworthy ally "in the war against radical Islamic terrorism," according to the figures, compared with only 11% who believe the opposite.
Similar sentiments (46% to 24%) were expressed towards Egypt, saying it was unreliable.
The study even found that two-thirds of those who expressed an opinion favoring imposing economic sanctions on Saudi Arabia "until it stops its support and funding for terrorists and radical Islamic education." This support comes from a thin majority of Americans, with 51% of those polled in favor of sanctions and 26% opposed.