[Freemanlist2] LETTER TO EDITOR FROM WILLIAM LANGFAN, FREEMAN CENTER BOARD MEMBER

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 16 11:58:01 CDT 2007

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST-March 16, 2007
Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
To Make a tax deductible contribution to the Freeman Center's important educational work, mail check to address above or go to our website to pay by credit card of just click on URL below.
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=bernards@sbcglobal.net&item_name=Donation
&item_number=1&no_shipping=1&return=http://www.freeman.org&cancel_return=http://
www.freeman.org&cn=Comment(Optional):&currency_code=USD&lc=US&tax=0

`````````````````````````````````
The USA is not the cause of Israel's problems. The Left and the Arabs are just doing what they do naturally, trying to destroy Israel. It is the responsibility of the Zionist/Nationalist/Religeous Israelis to work for Israel's survival. A good first step would be to throw out the traitors in the Olmert government.
===================

WILLIAM K. LANGFAN
Member, Board of Directors
Freeman Center For Stratetgic Studies

                                                                                                March 15, 2007

Dear Editor:

            Senator Lieberman delivered a speech to AIPAC in Washington on March 13, 2007.  It does not appear that any of the major newspapers covered this speech.  There were several parts of this speech which were so important that I have decided to convey several of them in this letter.

            “There is something profoundly wrong when opposition to the war in Iraq seems to inspire greater passion than opposition to Islamic extremism.”

            “There is something profoundly wrong when there is so much distrust of our intelligence community that some Americans doubt the plain and ominous facts about the threat to us posed by Iran .”

            “And there is something profoundly wrong when in the face of attacks by radical Islam, we think we can find safety and stability by sitting back, by talking to and accommodating our enemies and abandoning our friends and allies.”

            “Some of this wrong-headed thinking about the world is happening because we’re in a political climate where so many people when George Bush says “yes,” their reflex action is ‘no’.”

            “The esteemed historian of the Middle East , Bernard Lewis,  .  .  . said last week that when he looks at the world today and the threats which we face, it reminds him of the 1930’s – and that he hears far more voices that sound like Chamberlain than like Churchill.  And so I challenge each of you to find the voice of Churchill inside yourself, and let it be heard .  .  . throughout the nation in the days and years ahead.”

Very truly yours,

William K. Langfan