[Freemanlist2] PM humiliated during previous Sharm summit, should reconsider this one - Yuval Steinitz

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 25 09:24:12 CDT 2007

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST-June 25, 2007
Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
-----------------
I  dream every night that  Israeli Foreign Minister Livni is waving a piece of paper, and announcing peace in our time.
The YEAR is 2007 and not 1938.
I wake up screaming.......Bernard
=====================
The Israeli & American Left are leading us to a  SECOND Holocaust by appeasement, corruption and treason. It is past time for Olmert and his gang of traitors and Chelmites to resign and return Zionist rule to Jerusalem.
================
Your American and Israeli tax dollars and Federation donations will now go to finance the terrorist government of the PA (Abbas). His goal like that of Hamas is to exterminate or expel the Jews of Israel. Olmert is obviously planning Israel's self destruction. At least American motives, while in error, are honest attempts to pursue US interests in the Middle East. Of course the Americans will still be unloved and murdered by Jihad. It certainly would be better if all concerned would act in their nation's best interests.

############~~~~~~~~~~~%%%%%&&&&&

Olmert, don't go
PM humiliated during previous Sharm summit, should reconsider this one
Yuval Steinitz YNET Published: 06.25.07, 08:43 / Israel Opinion
www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3417064,00.html

Mr Olmert, I am calling on you again to reconsider your participation in the
Sharm summit in Egypt. I am doing this after your participation in the
previous meeting at the same location not only did not lead to any
achievements, but rather, only brought needless humiliation. I believe the
facts below will cool your enthusiasm for the summit and require you to
reexamine the issue.

1. The US Congress decided over the weekend to undertake an unprecedented
cut of $200 million from the defense aid to Egypt in light of its failure to
crack down on the smuggling of arms and funds to Hamas in Gaza. By so doing,
the Americans are signaling that they are fed up with Egypt's double
standards regarding Hamas' rise to power in Gaza.

2. In addition, dozens of American senators recently signed an open letter
to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, calling on her to press the
Egyptians to honor their obligation to engage in an all-out war on arms and
funds smuggling into the Strip (including their obligations in the framework
of the "Philadelphi Agreement.")

3. I remind you that your predecessor, Ariel Sharon, had the courage to
cancel his participation at the Sharm summit, despite President's Bush
presence, by claiming that the venomous incitement against him in the
Egyptian media and the refusal to release Azzam Azzam made it difficult for
him to visit Sharm. A year later, Sharon received a royal reception in
Sharm, while securing Azzam Azzam's release from prison and seeing a
considerable decrease in the level of media incitement.

4. I remind you that several months ago you were warned by the undersigned,
and many others, not to go to the previous Sharm summit without proper
preparation, without pre-conditions, and without a date for a reciprocal
visit by Mubarak to Israel. All this was aimed at preventing you from being
humiliated. As you remember, Mubarak used your visit to condemn, in your
presence, IDF actions in the territories, announced he would allow the
transfer of funds to Hamas, and even declared in your presence the
initiation of a nuclear project in Egypt?

Mr Prime Minister, your visit to Egypt at this time may undermine the
efforts of Israel's friends in Congress to press Egypt to fight the
smuggling of arms and funds to the Strip, and even expose you to pressures
and humiliation of the type you have already experienced.

Please, reconsider the matter.
======
Yuval Steinitz is a member of the Likud party