[Freemanlist2] LETTER TO THE EDITOR FROM FREEMAN BOARD MEMBER RE: ABBAS

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 1 12:39:35 CST 2007

FREEMAN CENTER BROADCAST-February 1, 2007
Phone or Fax: 713-723-6016 * E-mail: bernards at sbcglobal.net
To Make a tax deductible contribution to the Freeman Center's important educational work, mail check to address above or go to our website to pay by credit card of just click on URL below.
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=bernards@sbcglobal.net&item_name=Donation
&item_number=1&no_shipping=1&return=http://www.freeman.org&cancel_return=http://
www.freeman.org&cn=Comment(Optional):&currency_code=USD&lc=US&tax=0

`````````````````````````````````
May this year bring Israel security and prosperity. May haShem inspire his People to bring an end to the to the tyranny and appeasement of Ehud Olmert.
-----------------

WILLIAM K. LANGFAN
Member of the Board of Directors
Freeman Center For Strategic Studies

February 1, 2007

Dear Editor:

            President Abbas delivered a speech on January 11, 2006 in Ramallah in which he stated “shooting at your brother is forbidden.  Raising rifles against the occupation is our legitimate right, but raising guns against each other is forbidden”.  Mr. Abbas also stated “the issue of the refugees is non-negotiable . . . we also reject any attempt to resettle the refugees.”  He further stated “we will not give up one inch of Jerusalem .”

            The only difference between the “moderate” Abbas and Haniyeh, the head of Hamas, appears to be the question of “recognizing” Israel .

            If Abbas positions on the refugees and Jerusalem are effectuated, the issue of “recognizing” Israel would become moot because there would be no Israel .

Very truly yours,

William K. Langfan