[Freemanlist2] LETTER TO THE EDITOR FROM WILLIAM K. LANGFAN, FREEMAN CENTER

Freeman Center For Strategic Studies bernards at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 24 13:14:52 CDT 2007

WILLIAM K. LANGFAN
Member of the Board of Directors,
Freeman Center For Strategic Studies

                                                                                                April 20, 2007

Dear Editor:

            Acting Palestinian Legislative Council Speaker Sheik Ahmad Bahr from Hamas delivered a Friday April 13, 2007 sermon in Sudan which was on Sudan TV.  The following excerpts are a sample of what he preached as reported by the Middle East Research Institute (MEMRI).

            “Our Jihad-fighting people salute its brother, Sudan .”

            “Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters; Vanquish the Americans and their supporters.  Oh Allah .  .  . kill them all, down to the very last one.”

            “ America will be annihilated, while Islam will remain .  .  .”

            “They are cowards who are eager for life; while we are eager for death for the sake of Allah.  That is why America ’s nose was rubbed in the mud in Iraq , Afghanistan , in Somalia , and everywhere.”

            There is no way to ascertain how many Hamas members think and express their views as acting Palestinian Legislative Council Speaker Bahr does.

            It certainly behooves us to determine if his rantings are a cross section of Hamas thinking or if he is just a psychopath.
Very truly yours,

William K. Langfan